Burlington Local Manager
Our Chill Burlington site was established in 1997 as our very first youth-development program. Chill Burlington has grown over the years to include three nights of on-snow programming as well as a freestyle mentoring program and a skateboarding program offered during snowboarding’s off-season. Since our inception, the Chill Burlington site has served over 1,000 at-risk and underserved youth in the greater Burlington area.
- Location: Bolton Valley Resort, VT
- Our on-snow program runs after-school three nights per week and lasts six weeks. The entire program is provided at no cost to the youth or agencies involved.
- Program participants meet in Burlington, VT and ride as a group to and from the mountain each night.
- Contact the Local Manager for more information
- Location: Sugarbush Resort, VT
- Chill Freestyle is a one-on-one mentoring program aimed towards youth with an interest in building freestyle snowboarding skills. Youth and mentors spend one day per week on the slopes and ride for six weeks total. The program offers mentoring time as well as freestyle coaching, all provided at no cost to the youth involved.
- Location: Talent Skatepark, VT
- Our skateboard program runs one day per week for six weeks. The entire program is provided at no cost to the youth or agencies involved.
After Midnight Jewelers for Chill Burlington!
Date: July 18-20
- Come to After Midnight Jewelers at the University Mall to support The Chill Foundation this weekend! A portion of your sales between Friday, July 18 and Sunday, July 20 will go directly to Chill Burlington’s youth development programs. Swing by and meet some of our staff who will be on site answering questions and talking about the exciting programs we have happening in the community!
The Color Run Kaleidoscope Tour 2014
Date: September 13, 2014.
Location: Champlain Valley Exposition, Essex VT
- The Color Run, also known as the Happiest 5k on the Planet, is a unique paint race that celebrates healthiness, happiness and individuality. The rules are simple: 1, wear white at the starting line. 2, finish plastered in color! The Color Run is very generously donating a portion of the proceeds to Chill Burlington, and will help fund local programing.
- Click here to signup early as a VIP to get a SWEET deal on tickets!
Chill Burlington Rail Jam: TBD, January, 2015
Volunteers will meet the Chill group at the mountain one night each week for all six weeks. Volunteers will help youth with gear, lift tickets, lessons, ride groups, etc.
Volunteers will serve as mentors and will be paired up with individual mentees. Mentor and mentee pairs will meet the rest of the Chill group at the mountain one day per week for six weeks. Chill Freestyle volunteers should have interest in freestyle snowboarding and should have fundamental park riding ability.
Volunteers will serve as skateboard coaches for Chill participants. Volunteers will be expected to skate with Chill one day per week for all six weeks. Volunteer coaches should have the ability to demonstrate the fundamental skills of skateboarding.