About Chill Seattle:
As Chill’s first program outside of Vermont (est. 1999), Chill Seattle has a rich history of volunteer and agency involvement. In 2012, Chill Seattle hosted its first ShredFest fundraiser, continuing the tradition again in 2013, 2014, and 2016.
Chill Themes from The Chill Foundation on Vimeo.
- Location: Stevens Pass
- 2017 winter program is in the planning process!
- Agency partner applications are scheduled to go out in early October
- Programs are expected to start the 2nd or 3rd week of January
- Media from Seattle youth participant Gabriel Hamilton’s trip to the US Open in Vail last March:
- Location: All Together Skate
- Next program starting September 13th 2016
- From last year’s program:
Stand-Up Paddle Board (SUP) Program:
2016 Chill partner agencies:
- YMCA-Kirkland Teen Union Building
- Abused Deaf Women’s Advocacy Services
- Seattle Children’s Home
- Monroe YMCA
- Nova Alternative High School
- Friends of Youth – Griffin and Matsen Homes
- Mukilteo YMCA
- Sound Mental Health
- City of Shoreline
- Bellevue Rotary Boys & Girls Club
- Neighborhood House- High Point
- Asian Counseling and Referral Service
- City of Redmond
- Ground Zero: Bellevue Boys & Girls Club
- New Futures
- Renton Secondary Learning Center
- Ryther Mental Health Services
- SE Youth and Family Services
- Van Asselt Elementary School
- Viewlands Elementary School
Thank You Thursday @ Reuben’s Brews
Location: Reuben’s Brews in Ballard
Date: Thursday, September 8th
What: Come enjoy a night of art and photography celebrating the outdoors as we begin to transition from Summer to the upcoming epic Winter season.
We will be featuring several local photographers and artists who celebrate and are inspired by outdoor sports and places as well as mountain culture and an active lifestyle.
Reuben’s Brews, in addition to making delivious barley water, is generoulsy donating $1 from every drink sold to support youth outdoor outreach in the Seattle area. We’ll also raffle off a Burton snowboard as well as some other outdoor goodies.
So come celebrate the last days of a beautiful Seattle summer, check out some inspiring art, and raise a glass to youth outreach and building our community!
For more information:
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Fall – Skate Program
- Winter – Snowboard Program
- Fundraising and Event planning
- Apply here!
Local Advisory Committee:
- James Daugherty- Marketing Account Manager, Zillow
- Patrick McQueen- Sr. Project Manager, Lease Crutcher Lewis
- Emily Reitman- Manager of Online Services, Social Venture Partners
- Bruce Woolsey – Tech Entreprenuer
- Jeff Serell – Client Associate, Merrill Lynch
Chill programming would not be possible without the generosity of our local sponsors. Many thanks to the 2016 sponsors for changing the lives of Chill Seattle’s deserving youth.