As Chill’s first program outside of Vermont (est. 1995), Chill Seattle has a rich history of volunteer and agency involvement. In 2012, Chill Seattle hosted its first ShredFest fundraiser, continuing the tradition again in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Chill Themes from The Chill Foundation on Vimeo.
- Location: Stevens Pass
- 2016 winter program just wrapped up on February 25th! Chill have over 75 graduates from the program this season!
- Media from Seattle youth participant Gabriel Hamilton’s trip to the US Open in Vail last March:
Stand Up Paddle Program:
- Information will be available soon.
Geneva Annual ShredFest!
- Location: Stevens Pass
- Date & Time: March 26th, 10am-3pm
- What: Annual fundraiser to support Chill Seattle’s youth outreach programs. Featuring a full mountain scavenger hunt, beer garden, riglet park (for the kiddos), live DJ, live art and more!
- Prizes!: 2016/17 seasons’ passes, 2016 Burton snowboards, growler and growler fills, yoga classes, GoPros, goggles, and much more!
To register or donate please visit the event webpage here:
Any registration/donation $75 or over will automatically matched, doubling your impact!
Volunteer and Chaperone Appreciation Night
Location: Bad Jimmy’s Brewing
Date & Time : Wednesday, March 9th from 6pm-9pm
What: An evening to connect over a drink and share stories from this year’s program. Bad Jimmy’s will be donating $1/beer back to Chill.
Who: All chaperones and volunteers past/present/future and their families and friends. The more the merrier!
- Mentoring and Coaching (snowboarding and skating)
- Fundraising and Event planning
- Apply here!
2016 Chill partner agencies:
- YMCA-Kirkland Teen Union Building
- Abused Deaf Women’s Advocacy Services
- Seattle Children’s Home
- Monroe YMCA
- Nova Alternative High School
- Friends of Youth – Griffin and Matsen Homes
- Mukilteo YMCA
- Sound Mental Health
- City of Shoreline
- Bellevue Rotary Boys & Girls Club
- Neighborhood House- High Point
- Asian Counseling and Referral Service
- City of Redmond
- Ground Zero: Bellevue Boys & Girls Club
- New Futures
- Renton Secondary Learning Center
- Ryther Mental Health Services
- SE Youth and Family Services
- Van Asselt Elementary School
- Viewlands Elementary School
Local Advisory Committee:
- James Daugherty- Marketing Account Manager, Zillow
- Patrick McQueen- Sr. Project Manager, Lease Crutcher Lewis
- Emily Reitman- Manager of Online Services, Social Venture Partners
- Bruce Woolsey – Tech Entreprenuer
- Jeff Serell – Client Associate, Merrill Lynch
Chill programming would not be possible without the generosity of our local sponsors. Many thanks to the 2015 sponsors for changing the lives of Chill Seattle’s deserving youth.